Take your online communcations from “average” to “awesome” with these email tips from Small Business Solver Marketing Manager Sarah Levis.
Email Tips to Take Today!
A recent article from “Forbes” indicated that a corporate employee sends and receives 105 emails a day and can spend 28% of the day dealing with email. So learn how to use how to use this tool effectively! In this webinar on email tips you’ll learn:
- Whether An Email is Necessary –> Is email the best way to deliver your message? The most effective way? The most appropriate way?
- Deciding What Kind of Email is Necessary –> What’s the purpose of your email? How can you clearly indicate that to the reader?
- The Importance of Tone –> Is your tone appropriate for your purpose? Are you using conventions that don’t come across well in text, like sarcasm or teasing?
- The Power of Good Editing –> Have you edited your writing to eliminate jargon, excessive words, and weak words and phrases?
- A Clear Call to Action — > Does the reader know exactly what you need them to do in response to your email?
- Tools of the Trade –> Have you made effective use of the tools available to you in your email client to make your email as clear and accurate as possible (Spell Check, Grammar Check, signature, pre-written text blocks)
- Checking Your Work –> Have you proof-read your email for errors? Has someone else looked over it for errors that you may have missed?
- Subjects – Did you send test emails to make sure that your subject doesn’t land your email in SPAM folders?
- Before You Send – Writing Your Greeting, Pause Before You CC, Know the Laws –> Is your greeting appropriate and accurate? Is everyone (and no one more) on your CC list that must be? Are you in compliance with your country’s SPAM regulations?
Links to check out to make your writing even better!
- 21 of the Best Email Subject Lines We’ve Ever Seen – HubSpot
- GDPR Compliance Information – ZDNet.com
- Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant
- How to Use Gmail (Ultimate Beginner’s Guide) – Envatotuts+ Learning Guide
- How to Write Emails Like a Marketing Pro – Aytekin Tank for Medium
- How to Write Email with Military Precision – Kabir Seghel for the Harvard Review
- Outlook Help Center
- The Ultimate List of Email Spam Triggers – HubSpot
Follow these email tips and keep these resources handy and you’ll be writing exceptional email in no time! Oh – watch the webinar, too! If it’s useful, check out our other webinars on our YouTube channel!