If you fail to plan, you plan to fail – that’s why writing a solid business plan is the best first step you can take toward making your dream of owning a successful small business a reality.
In this recording of our “Writing a Business Plan to Get What You Want!” webinar you’ll learn about a Business Plan and its sections, including:
The importance of deciding who the plan is for
The Business Overview – Talking about The Opportunity and why what you offer is The Solution; defining the target market; describing the unique aspects of a business that give it a competitive advantage and how the business owner intends to keep that advantage
Vision – Where the owner sees their company in 3 – 5 years, the ultimate goal for the business, and a description of the exit strategy
What to include in the Marketing Research section – Industry trends, consumer trends, wider general trends (government, economic, technology) that may impact a product; a business’ main competitors and their potential impact.
Sales Projections – How to calculate reasonable sales projections to include in a business plan
Management Team – Why is the owner the best person to launch this business, given their support team and contacts?
Marketing and Sales Strategy – The plan to get the word out about products given factors like prices, location, size of area to be covered, marketing budget, and projected sales
Operations – Discussion of operational issues like processes and delivery; how processes will be tracked to ensure completion; who handles human resources issues like hiring, scheduling, etc., and how they will be handled.
Action Steps – The importance of showing the company’s goals for today, as well as its Short Term and Long Term goals.
Financial Projections – Demonstration that the business is financially viable and sustainable over the long-term.
Executive Summary – Written last, but first thing reader sees. Must entice reader to keep reading.
Hiring is an exciting time for small business owners. It means that you are growing. And if you keep on reaching your targets and exceeding your targets, this is a natural next step in your business.
This video will help you overcome many of the challenges and pitfalls that normally occur through the hiring process, plus it will give you some bonus tips.
Topics covered include;
– fears surrounding hiring
– the total costs of hiring
– the total costs of firing
– top mistakes to avoid
– how & where to post your job posting
– how to screen resumes and top things to look for
– importance of pre screening and how to do it
– interviews and how to identify liars
– reference checks
– why will recruits sign up and stay with an organization
Contact The Expert
Differentiating your small business and continuing to improve your business are two key pieces of being better than the rest.
But how do you get this in motion? Where do you start?
In 15 minutes we walk through two key objectives;
1. Ensuring that you are making time to work on your business rather than in it
2. Outlining 5 key ways to differentiate your business and how to do this
Starting your own business takes a lot of work and activity! It is crazy to think you can do everything yourself.
But who do you need and when do you need them? Be prepared to find these people or if you have them keep them for when you need them.
People are the most important resources out there, so make sure that you are managing them well.
Topics that are covered are;
– Who do you need as a technology company? What is the best practices for this type of structure?
– Who do you need as a service business? What are some of the specific challenges that are faced here?
– Who do you need as a manufacturer? How do you ensure that you will continue to grow and not become overwhelmed?
Contact The Expert
The Small Business Solver Team
Hiring and managing employees and contractors as a small business owner has many unknown hazards ahead.
In 30 minutes learn about the most common HR mistakes and how to avoid them. What are the steps to take in some of these situations?
Do you know what to do when you are firing someone?
How much vacation time does someone get?
What is the difference between severance and termination pay?
When and how do you make someone an employee?
Do you know how to hire?
How do we know if we are on track for our yearly goal? How can we ensure that our strategy is working?
Small business owners need to do a quarterly review!
Without a quarterly review we are falling into the trap of working in our business and not on it. All of our activities become tasks rather than things that will help our business grow.
This video walks through:
1. Why is a review so critical? What are the reasons why our quarterly review might be higher or lower than we expected? What are the reasons why we might have to tweak the rest of our annual plan?
2. Super quick overview of strategic planning
3. How to do a quarterly review. What to be analyzing and what to be considering for the future.
4. Best practices and the top things to avoid when executing a strategic plan.
It is impossible to be good at everything. In this webinar, SEF Canada teaches us that we don’t have to be!!
Success lies in understanding that all of the functions of a business can never be done perfectly by one person. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. By knowing what you are best at and what you love, you will simply be more successful.
What do you love to do? Isn’t that what you should be doing if you are starting your own business?
Here are the main buckets of skill sets that you need to have in your business. Now that you know, you can get started in the right direction.
Finding time for yourself is critical in running your business for a ton of different reasons.
1. It helps you perform better when you are working.
2. It increases personal satisfaction.
3. It allows for worklife balance and overall satisfaction.
4. It prevents burnout which is one of the leading causes of business failure.
5. It is better for your personal well being and health.
When all is said and done, making time for yourself could be the difference between business success and failure.
As you grow your business, one of the first things that you start doing is hiring employees. Hiring right the first time is critical as it impacts your sales, customer service, your ability to hire others, your brand image, and maybe even the survival of your business.
The expert for this webinar is Marci Schnapp, a Workplace Futurist, Executive Search and Strategic Human Infrastructure Consultant is responsible for TeamQuest Systems vision of being a premier Teamability®-based Executive Search and Human Infrastructure Solutions firm.