People buy from people they like, so remember to congratulate yourself once you’ve made the sale! You connected with the customer and appealed to them on the emotional level at which people ultimately decide to buy. You now need to make this transactional customer who’s made one purchase a lifetime customer. Using small business marketing tools that boost your likeability can help with that. In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- The Value of a Customer
- Likeability as one of the 3 Tenets of a Sale
- How Brand affects Likeability
- Marketing Tools that Boost Likeability
The Value of a Customer
Getting existing customers to spend more money on your products is less expensive than spending money on the marketing and onboarding required to continually bring on new customers. You’ll also generate more revenue over a customer’s lifetime. Build personal relationships with your customers, increasing your likeability, and revenue from a given customer will increase as:
- Average size and frequency of a sale increases
- Purchases become more routine
- You become the business that the customer always shops with
- The customer not only does business exclusively with you, but refers you to other people.
The sales cycle for a referral is much shorter than for a customer you bring in fresh off the street!
Likeability as One of the 3 Tenets of a Sale
Need a reminder about the 3 Tenets of a Sale? Here they are:
- People Must Know You (Visibility)
- People Must Trust You (Credibility)
- People Must Like You (Likeability)
We are (obviously) examining Likeability’s role in the 3 Tenets of Sale today, and how boosting it through small business marketing and building personal relationships wih customers increases your sales. We’ve examined previously how boosting credibility boosts your sales and also how boosting visibility boosts your sales, so be sure to check out those webinars as well! Small business marketing works!
How Brand Affects Likeability
Your Brand Promise lets customers know who you are and what they can expect from you. Branding choices give your customers information about your business that they use to evaluate your Brand Promise, and all ties into likeability.
Consider how these aspects of your branding will be perceived by your target market:
- Your business’ name
- Your business’ voice
- Characteristics that make it unique from other companies will be perceived by your target market.
Remember that in small business your personal brand as the business owner is part of the business brand. Be both authentic in both!
Small Business Marketing Tools That Boost Likeability
You can use Small Business Solver’s Marketing Solver Tool to learn about a whole bunch of marketing tools that help with the “Like You” part of the 3 Tenets of a Sale. Here are a few the webinar talks about:
- Volunteering –> You and/or a staff team
- Sponsorships –> Community events or local sports teams
- Rebates and Coupons —> For existing customers, not just new ones
- Lunch & Learns –> For potential and existing customers
- Online Service Tie-In –> Use an online platform to provide value to your offering (such as access to an information website or web community)
- Pick Up the Phone –> Call customers instead of emailing them
- Employees –> Stay engaged, let them express their personality
- Mentors —> Leverage the power of your champions!
- Food –> Face-to-face over food can build powerful relationships
- Be Helpful –> Share articles, news, events
- Birthday Cards –> Note customer details that are potential touchpoints in your CRM
- Online Portfolio –> Showcase your business and your brand promise
- Networking –> Really listen to peoples’ stories and offer help without expectation of return
- Smile! —> People can tell, even if they can’t see you.
The numbers show that you really only need one hundred loyal customers to flourish, bottom line. They will keep coming back to you, over and over. They will refer new customers to you. One hundred loyal customers changes the nature of your business.
Something to think about, right?
Was this useful? Watch our other webinars on our YouTube Channel!